Last Updated: 2018-06-04
Personal Information We Collect
In this section, we explain what personal information we collect about you and how we collect it.
Information You Provide
You can use most of our Services without actively submitting any information about yourself, but you may choose to provide us with personal information through the Services. In particular:
- If you choose to register an account with us, we will collect your name and email address
- If you choose to purchase a product, we will collect payment information
- If you choose to receive text or WhatsApp messages from us, we will collect your mobile phone number
- If you choose to participate in any contests, promotions, or market research surveys we sponsor, we will collect information such as your postal address, phone number, or information about your interests
- If you choose to post content or communicate with us or with others on a public platform or through user support, we will collect the information you provide in those postings
Automatically Collected Information
When you access our Services online, for example by visiting our websites or using our mobile apps, we automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the time of your visit and the pages or content you viewed. We also receive and collect technical information about your device and software, including the type of device, operating system and version, mobile network information, IP address (a unique number used to identify a device on the internet), mobile device advertising identifier (a resettable identifier that is assigned to your mobile device by your operating system provider, such as Apple or Google) or other device identifier, the page you visited before visiting our website, and crash data.
Information from Third Parties
We may offer you the ability to log into the Services with your credentials from another site or service, such as Facebook or Google. If you chose to login or register in this manner, the third-party service will provide us with access to information about you, such as your name, basic profile information, and friends list, in accordance with your privacy settings on that service.
The Services may give you the option to share with others on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. When you share in this manner, the privacy practices of the social media platform control who has access to your information and how it is treated by the social media platform. Please consult the privacy policies of any social media platform to which you share information in this manner to learn about the social media platform’s data practices.
Please note that information that cannot be linked back to you (such as aggregated data) is not considered personal information under this Policy.
Use of Information
We use the personal information for the following purposes:
- Manage your account
- Enable you to participate in public platforms or other interactive features of the Services
- Fulfill orders you have placed
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send promotional messages and newsletters you request
- Target advertisements to you both on and off of our Services
- Analyze traffic and user activities on our Services, identifying popular areas or features, and optimizing and personalizing the Services
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to develop new content and features
- Protect the rights and property of VIMN UK and others, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements
We store the personal information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. For example, if you register for an account with us, we will generally maintain your account information as long as needed to service your account. We may also retain personal information as required by law.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to any unrelated third parties unless we have your consent to do so, with the exceptions we mention here:
- With service providers who provide services to us under a contract and are required to keep the personal information confidential
- If reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory process (for example, to respond to a subpoena)
- If we conclude your actions violate our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of VIMN UK or others
- In connection with a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, provided that the receiving party agrees to protect personal information in accordance with the commitments of this policy and applicable law
- With companies within the Viacom corporate family
We and our service providers transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, other countries where the laws may not provide levels of protection for your personal information equivalent the protection provided by the laws of the European Union. When we do this, we take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of protection through contractual requirements imposed on the recipient of the information (you can obtain a copy of these clauses by contacting us at the bottom of this page or, when we transfer data to the United States, through the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (“Privacy Shield”) regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to the United States. The Viacom family of companies in the United States (including Viacom, Inc. and Viacom International Inc.) adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles, as described in Viacom’s Privacy Shield certification, which you can find at https://www.privacyshield.gov/
For any questions or complaints regarding our compliance with either the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS, Viacom’s designated independent dispute resolution provider based in the United States. For information about the JAMS dispute resolution process or to submit a complaint, please click https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield to go to JAMS’ website. Under certain conditions specified by the principles of the Privacy Shield you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. Viacom is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. If Viacom shares personal information collected in the EEA with a third-party service provider in the United States that processes the information on Viacom’s behalf, Viacom will be liable for that third party’s processing of personal information in violation of the Privacy Shield, unless Viacom can prove that it is not responsible for the unauthorized processing.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only collect, store, or otherwise process your personal information in the following situations:
- When we have your consent to do so. For example, if you opt in to receive promotional emails. You can withdraw your consent at any time as described below or directly through the Services.
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, we may process your personal information to communicate with you about our Services; and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We are required by law to process the information.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to correct, erase, or, in some situations, transfer it to another provider. You may also have the right to withdraw your consent to processing, object to, or request that we limit or restrict certain processing of your personal information as described below.
Access and Deletion Requests
You can also update, correct, or delete information we have about you or close your account by Contacting Us at the bottom of the page or at DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com with the subject line “Privacy Rights”. When necessary to identify you, we will request that you give proof of your identity or require more information from you that is necessary to handle your request.
Emails, Text Messages, and WhatsApp Messages
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, or WhatsApp messages by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
Mobile push notifications
When you consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and similar technologies
Questions or complaints
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited
Data Protection Officer
17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT
Effective: 25 May 2018
The Technologies We Use
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (these are called “first-party cookies”) or by other companies (which are called “third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you and others are using our websites so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data about your browser or device to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
- SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access our applications, such as the advertising identifier associated with your device and information about how you interact with our applications.
- Functional Cookies: Examples of these cookies include those that help ensure our services function properly, to remember your settings and preferences, such as your language preferences, to help identify and prevent security risks, or to help us understand and improve our services.
- Performance Cookies: Examples of these cookies include those that collect information about how you interact with our services and personalize content for you.
- Advertising and Social Cookies: Examples of these cookies include those that make advertising more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our services, or to share with others on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our websites may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on. You can also access your Google Adssettings to control what data Google uses to show ads to you.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance and the Cookie Consent Tool.
- Use your mobile device settings to control how data about your use of applications is used for purposes of showing ads that are targeted to your interests. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” setting.
Viacom International Media Networks UK Limited
Data Protection Officer
17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT